Refining Survey Efforts and Distributional Modeling for the Endangered Carolina Northern Flying Squirrel
September 2014 - December 2020
- Mark Ford, Co-Principal Investigator
- Corinne Diggins, Co-Principal Investigator
- North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission
- USFWS Asheville Field Office
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service North Carolina Field Office
Data from radio-telemetry, camera-surveys, acoustic surveys and nest-box surveys are being used to refine predictive habitat and occupancy models for the endangered Carolina northern flying squirrel which occurs in the highly imperiled spruce-fir ecosystems of the Southern Appalachians.