Wood Turtle Ecology on Army Installations
April 2019 - December 2020
- William Ford, Co-Principal Investigator
- Sara Sweeten, Co-Principal Investigator
- Verl Emrick, Co-Principal Investigator
- Amry Installation Command, Fort George G. Meade
- Amry Installation Command, Fort Drum
Wood turtles are of high conservation concern. With both riparian and terrestrial habitat use, their presence possibly can conflict with military training. Efforts to delineate current distributions are needed for effective BMP creation to conserve this species.