Aquatic Invasive Species (AIS) Prevention Program
July 2009 - December 2022
- U.S Fish and Wildlife Service, Aquatic Nuisance Species Taskforce
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Agency
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
The Nebraska Invasive Species Program (NISP) continues to administer a multi-institutional Aquatic Invasive Species Prevention Program funded with grant funding from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS).
1. Decrease the risk of aquatic invasive species introduction into Nebraska by implementing a boat inspection and decontamination program;
2. Increase public awareness of aquatic invasive species through an integrated outreach/education program;
3. Continue aquatic invasive species monitoring to help focus prevention efforts; and
4. Increase local and regional collaboration in the prevention of aquatic invasive species.