Cooperative Research Units
Education, Research And Technical Assistance For Managing Our Natural Resources
Home | Intranet | Digital Measures | Help

Frequently Asked Questions

  • How do the Unit scientists secure research funds and where do the funds come from?

    Research funds are principally obtained through grants and contracts from NM Department of Game and Fish, US FWS, USDA FS, US BOR, US BLM, DoD, Valles Caldera National Trust, local, regional and national NGO (Rocky Mountain Elk Foudation, Trout Unlimited, T&E, Inc.)


Current Staff

Federal Staff: 2

Masters Students: 9

Phd Students: 3

Post Docs: 2

University Staff: 2

5 Year Summary

Students graduated: 29

Scientific Publications: 47

Presentations: 129


Contact Us

New Mexico Cooperative Fish and Wildlife Research Unit Las Cruces, NM 88003-0003 Phone: (575) 646 - 6053 Fax: (575) 646 - 1281 Our University Web Site

New Mexico Cooperative Fish and Wildlife Research Unit Cooperators

  1. New Mexico Department of Game and Fish
  2. New Mexico State University
  3. U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
  4. U.S. Geological Survey